Issue: SMS_NOTIFICATION_SERVER component failed to start on the Secondary site server with Management Point role installed.
- BgbSetup.log -> Shows the installation failed with return code 1603(Fatal error during installation).
- BgbisapiMSI.log -> Shows failed to configure BGB http proxy.
- Bgbserver.log -> Shows Notification failed and SMS_NOTIFICATION_SERVER stopped state
- Since there is an issue with installation, I tried to install bgbisapi.msi file located under “Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64” on the server and it’s failed to install and it says there is no free disk space but the disk has enough free space.
- On the Secondary site server, right click bgbisapi.msi file located under “Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64” and click uninstall.
- Once uninstallation completed, delete the below files under SMS_CCM folder.
- And then, restart SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER in services.msc. This component will verify other components on the server and re-trigger the installation if its failed.
- Bgbsetup.log shows the installation has been successful.
- Bgbserver.log shows the clients are started reporting online status and the count keeps increasing and SMS_NOTIFICATION_SERVER component critical status disappeared and changed to green in SCCM console.